When I first started this project I wasn’t sure what I’d make of it or even if I’d enjoy it. I’d found previous attempts at animation in college quite boring and never thought of it was something I’d be interested in creating. Once we’d been given the full brief on this project and I had heard my track I already started to change my mind about the project and began coming up with possible ideas for my animation. After being shown examples of other artists work I got into the project a lot more and was interested to see how I would progress. I liked the idea of us having to interpret the piece of music ourselves so there was no chance we’d come out with the same ideas. It turns out my initial idea was the one I stuck with and developed further. To my surprise I really enjoyed the workshops I had on animation throughout this project. Although the After Effects sessions we’re very compact and fast-paced it was really interesting learning how to use new software. Even though I only touched lightly on the things you can do in After Effects I enjoyed working with it (most of the time) and would like to develop my knowledge on it further in possible later projects. As I stated above I’d thought of producing an animation as boring and that I didn’t have the patience for it and this project still did live up to my ideas, photographing 370 frames was very tedious but it wasn’t as bad as I expected. Once again I took a more hands on hand drawn approach opposed to working digitally but this is just my preferred way of work. To conclude I’ve really enjoyed this project, a lot more than I thought I would and after this I would definitely want to incorporate animation into any future areas of work. It’s also been great looking at how everyone else has chose to interpret their audio tracks.
So far my animation comes to 29 seconds and with the extra second left I decided to use those last few frames to add an end credit. It shall simply read ‘by Rhianne’. I’ll do this by photographing each letter being drawn individually and adding this to the rest of my animation frames.